Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sausage Balls

It is Sunday morning and that means that breakfast is more than a bowl of oatmeal or cheerios!!!! One of our favorite breakfast is sausage balls with eggs over easy and toast. My cousin Nena brought the sausage balls as an appetizer to a family gathering years ago. It was love at first bite for me, but then I love just about anything with sausage in it. I started making them every time I served appetizers but then I decided that they would be absolutely wonderful with eggs for breakfast! So here is the recipe, as I have adapted it for my use.

1 tube of Jimmie Dean sausage- I prefer the regular seasoned one
3/4th of cup of Bisquick
2 cups shredded sharp cheese- I use extra sharp
1/2 of a small onion, grated
1 stalk of celery, grated

Mix with hands. Roll into balls. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 min. turning once. Baking time is dependent on how large you make the balls.

2 comments:

  1. I have been making these for years too! It was one of Mikayla's favorites when she was about 4 years old! I forgot about them until I saw your blog. I am going to have to make them this week :) So Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had sausage balls at a gathering this past fall and loved them, but didn't get the recipe from the lady who made them. I've seen recipes other places but just haven't tried it yet. But this looks so simple... I may have to actually take a stab at it! Thanks for sharing Debbie!

    ReplyDelete