Sunday, April 1, 2012

London Broil Marinade

Living in northern New York where winters can be very long, very cold and very snowy, we have to limit the outdoor grilling that we do. This winter broke all records with it's lack of snow and sub zero temps. However , I guess we still got stuck in the "winter" frame of mind and limited the grilling to steaks and chicken that were done rather quickly! So as a sign of a change in the season , Mike grilled a london broil for our dinner today ... one of our favorites. It is one of the few meats I will marinate. So here is the marinade that I have made for a london broil for as long as I can remember ....

1 cup oil [vegetable or canola... not olive oil]
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice {I prefer fresh squeezed, but have used bottle in a pinch!}
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
1 tsp. pepper
2 cloves garlic ,minced

I put it all into a ziploc bag and then add the london broil. This makes enough for two london broils, so most of the time, I just halve the recipe for us .
I let it marinade at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.

Then Mike does the grilling!!! The meat was medium rare, but I sure couldn't get the camera to show that in the photos. After taking about 15 photos, changing the settings and the lighting each time, I gave up and settled for this picture, so we could eat while the meat was still warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment