Monday, October 15, 2012

Lasagna Soup

I am way behind with my blog... I have taken pictures and intended to post the recipes when I made something I wanted to share, but I guess  Mike's procrastinating is contagious. So hopefully I will try and get caught up in one sitting.   First recipe is Lasagna soup. I stumbled across this recipe in a magazine many years ago and have tweaked it over time to make it my own. Mike and I LOVE soup in the cooler months, and living in northern NY, there are more cooler months , so I make soup a lot! The ingredients in this soup are staples in my kitchen so I make this soup frequently! 

 sweet Italian sausage links, cut in bite size pieces [or bulk Italian sausage works well also!]
1 diced onion {I have gotten so I use shallots instead} 
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups mushrooms,sliced
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
Saute together until meat is done. Then add
4 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes {I use two}
1 small can tomato sauce
Bring to a boil...then put in
1 cup small pasta {I use the mini Barilla}
Simmer 10 min. till pasta is done
Then stir in 2 cups fresh spinach till it is just wilted.
To serve, in bowl, but small cubes of diced fresh mozzarella and asiago or sharp provolone cheese.. Spoon soup over the cheeses. Then garnish soup with some grated Italian cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment