Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cheeseburger Soup

I am not a big lover of ground beef.... but I sure do love it in this soup. I am also not a big fan of leftover food, but this soup is quite wonderful when it is reheated.

In a large saucepot combine:
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups cubed potatoes
1/4 cup diced green pepper
2 small carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bouillon cube
1/2 tsp salt

Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 min.
Meanwhile saute
1# ground beef
Then drain  it.
Add the ground beef to the veggie mixture (after 20 minutes of simmering} and
2 cups of milk
Heat...
Mix together in a small bowl
1/2 cup milk and
3 Tbsp. flour
Gradually stir into hot soup and bring to a boil... Cook and stir for two minutes till thick and bubbly

Add
8 ounces of velvetta cheese that has been cubed

Stir and heat till melted.
I always garnish with some bacon that I have cooked till crisp and then broken up into small pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment