Sunday, July 1, 2012

Turkey and Swiss salad

I just made one of my favorite summer salads for the cook out this afternoon. This is one of the easiest salads to put together and I love it that there is no mayo in it , when you have to serve it outside.

I am just guessing at the measurements..... add as much or as little of the ingredients as you like!

 Half of a 1# box of elbows {or any pasta you love... I used Pipettes!}-cooked & drained
1 slice oven roasted deli turkey , sliced 1 inch thick, then diced up
4 oz. swiss cheese, diced
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 jar diced pimentos, drained
1/2 cup Italian dressing

Mix all together , then chill... I use my favorite salad dressing which is Garlic Expressions, that I buy at Hannaford ... and we fight over the cloves of garlic in the bottom.....



2 comments:

  1. I'm not a swiss fan, but this still looks wonderful... and I love the pic of the ingredients too! :) And the name of the dressing sounds yummy too... might have to hunt it down when I get up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, if you don't like swiss cheese, use something else.. I have used a sharp cheddar many times ! Do check out the dressing, and I am sure one taste, will send you back for several bottles to take home!

      Delete