Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tangy Cucumber Salad

This salad is one I make frequently, once I am able to buy locally grown tomatoes. This salad was a part of our 4th of July cook out yesterday !!!

2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced  {I always use one english cucumber}
2 medium tomatoes, chopped 
1 small onion, diced {I prefer a shallot}
Combine the above in a bowl...Then mix up the dressing ingredients:
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano

Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.



2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, this is going on my must make list ASAP! Thinking it'd be good for the kiddo's at work too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original recipe called for salting the sliced cucumbers,with an additional 1/2 tsp salt,then letting them sit in a colander for half an hour then rinsing them...I thought it made the cukes more waterty... so I just eliminated that step..

      Delete