Saturday, March 24, 2012

Two Ingredient Cupcakes

When I came across this recipe I thought it sounded too good to be true. I have been baking for the last forty years. I am the daughter of a professional baker. There is nothing simple and easy about baking. Or at least I thought there was nothing simple and easy about it.... until today .  If you never bake, this recipe is a great one to try . If you bake all of the time , like I do , it's a great one to try. Just so you can say you made cupcakes with two ingredients and that they were good... really good !!!!

One 12 oz. can of soda, at room temperature. It does not matter what flavor. I used Coke Zero.
One cake mix. I used a Duncan Hines German Chocolate cake mix.

Pour the soda over the dry cake mix in a bowl and mix with a whisk until it is all moistened and most of the lumps are gone. Then fill paper lined muffin pans 2/3rds of the way full. I got 15 out of the batter.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cool, on a rack, before frosting.
I found that it took more time to put the paper liners in the muffin pans than it did to make the batter!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh they sound yummy, I will definitely try them, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Debbie! I am so excited for your blog! You must share sometime your fab recipe for Crispy Caramel Chocolate Bars...I make them all the time...everyone falls in love with them after one bite! Best Wishes! Kathy Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Deb, this is great! I added it to my favorites. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a white cake mix with an orange crush soda....going to try this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be anxious to hear the results about any combo's that are tried!!!!

    ReplyDelete