Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crispy Chocolate Caramel Bars

My friend Kathy commented under my first blog post that I should post this recipe. These are one of my favorite cookies and probably one of my most requested recipes.

Crust:
 1 and 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
1/2 cup butter
Mix all of the above until it is very small crumbs then lightly press into an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.  Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt
 one 14 oz. pkg. caramels
1/3 cup half and half or evaporated milk {  I have used both}
1/4 cup butter
Stirring occasionally until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread over baked crust.

In a small saucepan melt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. Crisco
Once they are melted and a smooth mixture , stir in
3/4 cup of Rice Krispies
Spread over caramel layer.
Chill  to let the layers set before cutting.

3 comments:

  1. I know what I am putting on my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I cannot wait to try these!! Caramels, rice krispies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete