Friday, January 10, 2014

Roasted Potato Salad

Found this recipe in the Epicurious Cookbook {one of my favorite cookbooks} and after having an ice storm and a two day blizzard in a two week period, I was thinking about warmer weather , and warmer weather foods......
This was so easy to make.... after all roasting potatoes is so much easier than boiling.... and I cut the bacon into bite sized pieces, put it in a flat pan  and cooked it right in the oven with the potatoes. Just remember that at 425 the bacon will cook quickly.

2#s of small red potatoes, quartered
2 Tbsp. olive oil
On a large rimmed baking sheet , toss the potatoes and oil, season with salt and pepper  then bake in a preheated 425 degree oven until fork tender, about 30 minutes.  Set aside to cool.

In a bowl whisk together
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tbsp. Creole mustard {I used dijon}
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp.  finely chopped parsley

Add the cooled potatoes
4 hard cooked eggs, sliced
8 ounces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup diced onion

Chill at least 2 hours.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not put the onion in it as I do not like raw onion but I did add minced dry onion. Also next time I make it, I will roast some celery with the potatoes, as I really love celery in potato salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! I love potato salad!

    ReplyDelete